Have you ever experiment with dishes and come up with your own recipe? This is my one and only self-invented dish and is well liked by those who has tried it (including my OH, in-laws and neighbour). This dish is nick-named my “Kimchi” dish because it has the Chinese white cabbage in it, it is garlicky and peppery like the Kimchi, but it is definitely not the real Kimchi (a popular Korean dish).
Chinese white cabbage
One whole garlic (chopped, I have yet to try replacing it with garlic paste)
Korean red pepper paste
1) Heat sunflower oil in wok and add in garlic.
2) Add in the bottom (harder) part of the white cabbage first, followed by the leafy part. Give it a good stir fry.
3) Add in the chopped shiitake mushrooms and fish balls.
4) Add in oyster sauce and stir well.
5) Add in the Korean red pepper paste and stir well.
6) Transfer to the slow cooker and add enough boiling water to cover the food content.
7) Slow cook on high for 2 hours.
Serve with warm rice and enjoy.
(Forgot to take a picture of the finished dish this time, but will try to upload it when I remember next time).