This recipe is inspired by the Thai Basil chicken recipe. You can google search for “Thai Basil Chicken” and get many different recipes online but I have used what I have got in my pantry and fridge to make up this delicious recipe.
500g Minced Beef (or any minced meat)
2 Tbs Fish sauce
2 Tbs Light soy sauce
1 Tbs Brown sugar
2-3 Tbs Gourmet Garden Basil paste (be generous!)
1 Tbs Gourmet Garden Chilli paste (as hot as you fancy)
1 tsp Gourmet Garden garlic paste (to add an infused garlicky taste)
2-3 chopped shallots
4-5 chopped garlic
1 small chopped chilli
Spring onion to garnish
1) Heat sunflower oil in wok and add in shallot, garlic and chilli.
2) Add in minced meat and stir fry till almost brown.
3) Add in fish sauce, soy sauce and brown sugar.
4) Add in basil, chilli and garlic paste towards the end and stir well.
5) Garnish with spring onion.
Taste super with warm white rice and steam egg!